Monday, June 6, 2016

The Story of Us -- VIAN AND JOLANDA

IMG_2813>

"Your starry eyes. Your warm touch. Your loving arms. 
From today until forever, 
I will hold your hands, hold them tight. 
I will walk with you, through ups and downs. 
I will love you, with all I am and for who you are. 
Forever. 
You and I. 
'till death do us apart."
(by Lenny Novitasari, for Vian and Jolanda) 

One fine afternoon on my train ride back home, I hit Jolanda on Facebook Messenger congratulating her on her engagement. Somehow, I came up with an idea of doing a pre-wedding photo shoot for her. 
With zero experience on pre-wedding photo session, I brave myself to book this couple. I am not a close friend of her, but with all my respect, I have considered her as my older sister (since I'm the eldest in my family). I have no idea about her fiance, he does not know me either. 
That one fine afternoon, I have a desire of telling story through photographs. My only gear is my Fujifilm XA1 camera with 16-50mm STD camera. My desire lead me here. My old soul was dying to write a so called love story. I am not telling my love story here. I am telling their love story I saw through my eyes. With the help of quotes, love songs, and poetry, here I present you my first pre-wedding photos. Critics and comments are very welcome here! Cheers, Lenny x


THE      STORY     OF        US

VIAN & JOLANDA

"I was trying to find my way back into love, he came into my life and I could never imagine what it would be if it was not him."


IMG_2876

"He said, 'I will never leave you alone. My eyes will be your eyes. And let me be your feet to lead you to places."

IMG_2840

"It was nothing I expected, he opened up the box, knee down. With the tears of joy in my eyes, I said 'YES.' "

IMG_2867

"We changed each others' life. He completed me. She completed me."

IMG_2856

"She's the most beautiful girl I ever met, and knowing that I will spend the rest of my life with her is both joy and happiness."

IMG_2869

"Your starry eyes."

IMG_2872

"When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." - Shakespeare


IMG_2885

"Let's dance under the sunlight."

IMG_2890

"Your loving arms."

IMG_2821

"Till death do us apart."

IMG_2845

Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment